There are a lot of people dunking on this. I have been critical of many things the Claude Code team has said in the last 6 months but this is not one of them.
Folks should use the excitement to teach and guide those incoming. Discuss pitfalls and why you can't formally verify all software. Show what is possible, explain what isn't.
I understand it can be overwhelming but that's the best outcome for everyone. This trend is much more valuable to us as an industry than "markdown files will describe how my system behave".
I used Opus 5.5 to formally verify the Claude Agent SDK using Lean. A couple short prompts = 16 PRs fixing various bugs and race conditions. Video attached.
TLA+ also works well. I sometimes combine Lean and TLA+ to look for issues around data flow, concurrency, and state mgmt.
I don't know either language well, but Claude is excellent at both. This approach is super useful for formally modeling your code and finding bugs that a human probably wouldn't have spotted.
Is formal verification the future of coding (or at least, bug finding)?