Personal writing page. Essays, stories and notes on ordinary life. Some pieces are fiction.

Nairobi
Stop forcing it. What’s meant for you won’t require you to lose yourself trying to keep it. Let it go. Move on. Protect your peace.
3
4
7
36
The Living Archives retweeted
I wonder how someone let thier teeth reach this extent
2
4
4
61
The Living Archives retweeted
Life feels lighter when you stop fighting what you can't change. Appreciate what you have, protect your peace, and let the rest unfold. Sometimes, what you already have is more than enough
4
11
15
147
The Living Archives retweeted
Most people won't support you until they see that it's popular to support you.
9
22
25
229
The Living Archives retweeted
This Our New Artist Para Dey Body ooo He Wan Tear Producer Slap 😭😭😭
8
11
11
141
The Living Archives retweeted
Starting a business will teach you things no business book can fully explain. You'll learn patience when sales are slow. You'll learn discipline when nobody is watching. You'll learn customer service when someone is difficult. You'll learn financial management when expenses start piling up. And you'll learn resilience when your plans don't work. Business doesn't just build a company. It builds the entrepreneur too. I sell quality and affordable cleaning products.... 09010907279. Lagos, Nigeria
2
8
8
48
The Living Archives retweeted
God still answers prayers irrespective of the situation and He does it at the appointed and right time. Don’t give up on God. Good night
Made with AI
6
8
8
99
The Living Archives retweeted
The confidence was loud, but who actually delivered?🤣🤣
11
32
37
468
The Living Archives retweeted
Dear God, I just want to thank You. Thank You for life, for breath, for protection, for provision, and for the countless blessings I sometimes take for granted. Thank You for the doors You opened, the ones You closed, and even the things You protected me from that I may never know about. Thank You for carrying me through days when I felt tired, confused, or overwhelmed. Thank You for giving me strength when I didn't think I had any left.
Made with AI
6
12
16
133
The Living Archives retweeted
Sometimes you don’t need a fresh start. You need to return to the things you stopped doing. The book you stopped reading. The habit you abandoned. The goal you postponed. The discipline you lost. Maybe you didn’t fail. Maybe you simply lost your consistency along the way. Don’t spend too much time blaming yourself for stopping. Pick up what still matters, start again, and give yourself another chance to do it differently. Maybe the next step is not something new. Maybe it’s simply starting again.
11
13
16
120
The Living Archives retweeted
The village may forgive the thief,but the empty house still remembers what was taken.
8
16
19
347
The Living Archives retweeted
We dey chop am like say our lives depend on am. 😂😂 No be small thing o, dey play!
11
14
17
308
The Living Archives retweeted
Stop forcing it. What’s meant for you won’t require you to lose yourself trying to keep it. Let it go. Move on. Protect your peace.
3
4
7
36
The Living Archives retweeted
Never reply when you’re angry Never make a promise when you’re happy Never make a decision when you’re sad
10
25
29
815
The Living Archives retweeted
For thirty years, my grandfather kept a baby monitor on in his study. It sat on the floor behind the sofa with its green light steady and its antenna bent from a vacuum. Nobody in that house had needed one since before I could read. My mother would say, "Dad, it's still on," and he'd say he'd get to it. We all assumed he'd forgotten. I had watched him lose his keys, his glasses, the names of the dogs. A monitor seemed like one more thing. The summer my cousin Josie turned thirty, he fell in the garden and broke his hip. I was sent to his study for his glasses and his charger. A storm the night before had rattled the house, and the outlet plate beside the desk lay on the floor. A second receiver sat there, white and yellowed. Its cord didn't run to the monitor. It ran into the open outlet box and down into the wall. The plaster behind it had been cut away years ago, neatly, and patched with a hinged board. Behind the board, on a ledge of two-by-four, sat a cassette recorder with its red light on. Beside it was a shoebox of tapes, one for each year, all labeled in his handwriting. The oldest was labeled in my grandmother's: *For when it's quiet.* I took the tape in the machine and drove to the hospital. I set it on his tray table, next to the salt packet...
3
20
20
1,793
The Living Archives retweeted
For three months, our warehouse manager docked twenty minutes from my timecard every Thursday. Not nineteen, not twenty-five. I kept the pay stubs in a folder and drew a small red circle around each short line. I believed he was stealing from me. I rehearsed what I'd say to HR in the truck. I even asked a coworker how to file. Then the day before I meant to file, I asked the night guard to pull the loading dock footage for a Thursday. He rewound it twice before turning the monitor toward me. At 4:40 PM, I walked out the dock door. At 5:00, I walked back in. I had no memory of either trip. My manager walked beside me both times. His hand rested on my elbow, the way you steer someone through a crowd. I set the printed still on his desk the next morning, next to the salt-stained coffee mug he never washed. He didn't reach for it. "Thursdays at 4:40," he said, "you stop mid-pallet. You put the scanner down and look at the clock. Then you head for the dock door like somebody's calling you." "Where do I go?" "Across the lot. The bus shelter on Fenner Street." He turned the still toward himself. "You stand there until 4:55. Then you cough, like waking up, and I walk you back." I asked why I'd never been told...
3
17
20
1,906
The Living Archives retweeted
For two years, a pair of men's work boots sat beside my sister's front door. Size eleven, good leather, laces knotted the same way every time. Every Sunday night they were caked in fresh mud, drying on a sheet of newspaper. She lived on the third floor and didn't own a car. I asked her once where the boots came from. She looked at them for a few seconds and said, "They're not mine." Then she locked the door, and we ate dinner on the couch. She told me later that a man's boots by the door keep people from guessing a woman lives alone. I believed her. I thought it was smart. I stopped visiting on Sundays because she'd said she liked the quiet, and I never asked how mud climbed three flights. Then my landlord changed my locks on a Sunday and left my key at the office. I took a suitcase to her building at nine and sat on the landing outside her door. She came up the stairs in the boots. She was muddy to the shin, with a pair of loppers on her shoulder and bark in her hair. She saw me and had nowhere to put any of it. I carried one boot inside and set it on the kitchen table, next to the salt. She didn't reach for it. "Whose are they?" I said...
2
28
33
882
The Living Archives retweeted
If that were the strategy, they really said: “Before you ask questions, check your wallet first.” In Kenya, even your family mysteries come with a price tag.
DNA is deliberately expensive in Kenya to curb fatherlessness.
8
11
75