Personal writing page. Essays, stories and notes on ordinary life. Some pieces are fiction.
When people hear the word inheritance, they usually think of things that can be put on paper. A house, a piece of land, money, a business, perhaps an old piece of jewellery that has moved through
There is usually someone people know they can call. When the rent needs figuring out, when a younger sibling gets into trouble, when a friend doesn't know what to do next, when something has gone
It is a strange feeling when someone has already decided who you are, and you know the person they are describing isn't quite you. You hear their explanation of why you did something, what you meant,
There is an afternoon from years ago that I still remember for no obvious reason. Nothing important happened. I wasn't celebrating anything. I wasn't having a particularly good or bad day. I don't
There are times when life doesn't go wrong in one dramatic moment. Nothing breaks. Nobody dies. There isn't always a final conversation. Things just begin moving in a direction you didn't expect, and
I almost believed the story myself. That was what made me check it. I came across a viral post about a man called Pehr Brahe, supposedly a ruler in Finland who had become known in local folklore for
Sometimes the first thing you have to do with a strange historical story is stop and ask whether the story itself is true. I came across one that sounded almost too good to be false. The claim was
There is a strange kind of mathematics that shows up in ordinary life. You don't learn it in school, and there is no formula for it, but most of us eventually recognize it. We often understand the
There are conversations that ended years ago and yet continue long after the other person has left. You replay them while driving. While washing dishes. While trying to fall asleep. You think of what
There is a quiet kind of loneliness that can exist even inside love. People stay. They share homes, routines, conversations, and years. Yet somewhere between familiarity and habit, the heart begins to
Some truths arrive long before language. By the time we find words for them, they have already lived a thousand silent lives within us. We name things so we can recognize them, but names have never
Love is rarely tested when life is easy. It is revealed when dreams are still unfinished, when tomorrow feels uncertain, and when all you can offer is your character, your effort, and your hope. The