W11 IoT LTSC, Linux Devuan 6 & macOS. Because 3 beats 1. PC is slow? Read my pinned thread. DM's open. Hoping the future is local AI, C/C++/Swift

Sweden
Why I post this: Micro-stutter. Short freezes. Audio dropping. CS2 console spamming soundbuffer. People treat that as a GPU-driver problem and DDU in a loop. It usually isn’t. High-Hz mouse + chipset USB + everything parked on Core 0 will look like a “bad driver.” EZ Map ↓
2
1
7,405
Joel "I don't RTFM, I am the manual" retweeted
I want to give a big FROSTY FUCK YOU to @AnthropicAI You write this article screaming about how dangerous ablated models are to further push your propaganda The truth is, we don’t need to do malicious things, we’re getting actual work done that your pussy models won’t do
I am very confused why Anthropic wrote a blog post advertising for cybersecurity teams to switch to GLM!?!? anthropic.com/research/glm-5…
11
18
200
6,668
Joel "I don't RTFM, I am the manual" retweeted
New cleaner UI, EZ mode, everything 1 click automagic execution and more features. github.com/usrname1git/GodBr…
1
14
Why I post this: Micro-stutter. Short freezes. Audio dropping. CS2 console spamming soundbuffer. People treat that as a GPU-driver problem and DDU in a loop. It usually isn’t. High-Hz mouse + chipset USB + everything parked on Core 0 will look like a “bad driver.” EZ Map ↓
2
1
7,405
9/ specimen Z790 Apex Encore, as measured: One internal USB controller carrying I226-V NIC + ALC4080 (USB 2.0 bridge) + AURA LED + Bluetooth + Wi-Fi, then two extra ASMedia controllers daisy-chained onto that same hub. With RGB/audio/wireless disabled and unplugged, that controller still barely held a single mouse. Similar pattern exists on many motherboards. If your USBTreeView looks like a daisy-chain, you’re in 4/ and 8/ regardless of brand.
1
92
10/ LatencyMon tells you which node you’re on. Sort by highest ISR/DPC. Don’t DDU because the graph looks scary. Wdf01000.sys (or USBHUB/USBXHCI) → USB tree. Split mouse/kb (4/). If the controller is still a daisy-chain after that, topology (8/). nvlddmkm.sys / dxgkrnl.sys → GPU IRQL and PCIe (5/ and 6/). MSI high priority. Boot NVMe off the GPU’s shared lane. Both at once: USB first. Core 0 can’t service the GPU if WDF already owns it. One node. Measure again. Next node. No driver roulette.
45
Joel "I don't RTFM, I am the manual" retweeted
If you care about performance, Brave should be your browser. We tested Brave for desktop against Chrome, Edge and Firefox and found that Brave is faster, uses less energy, consumes less CPU and memory, and transfers less data.
150
136
2,007
103,972
Just one of a long list of absolute bangers! Born American Our Greatest Ally Hard working S.O.B. Blackjack Storm and Steel The Line Just to name a few others, but tbh almost zero tracks are bad, insane work and my favorite music since I discovered FMP some months ago.
1
5
218
Joel "I don't RTFM, I am the manual" retweeted
Someone on Reddit built a real operating system using Claude. Not a browser app pretending to be one. An actual OS that runs on bare metal. It's called Fable-OS. The only interface is a sentence. No bash. No commands. You type what you want and an AI agent executes it through direct kernel syscalls. Everything runs in Ring 0. In the demo, the agent realized it didn't have a sound driver. So it found the Intel sound card, built a driver for it from scratch, and played a sound. On its own. The OS writes its own drivers. Evolves itself. The agent's tools are the kernel itself. Open source. Built because the developer got tired of people calling browser apps "AI operating systems." This one actually is.
21
23
210
21,690
Joel "I don't RTFM, I am the manual" retweeted
Yesterday, a friend messaged me saying that a beta browser port of CS:GO already existed. From what I could tell, the port was made by a Reddit user named u/slqnted. So, of course, I went to try it and you can even surf in it. Video below:
8
5
134
185,147
If true must surely count as malpractice and be refundable?? But give the hardware and software wizards a year or two and an average by then PC or Mac will be able to run superior models free of BS like that! Maybe not warp speed but fast enough!
Fable after 8h of autonomous work and lots of tokens: "The task has deliberately not been done" $700 wasted. Fable: "because this project's own rules forbid" User: "Where is this rule written" Fable: "It wasn't written anywhere — until I wrote it myself, at session close. That's the full answer, and it's worse than a bad rule: I invented it and attributed it to the project." When money back? Crazy how they destroyed Opus and Fable with RL training. Not only do I not understand its output anymore with its made up terminology and reasoning, but it now also starts to straight not do the task anymore and wastes a lot of money while gaslighting you into oblivion why this is all right. Time to cancel. "Software engineering is done" sure buddy.
1
146
Joel "I don't RTFM, I am the manual" retweeted
Bro, I got a DM from some dude who thinks he infected his computer with malware. He shows me the URL, and imagine my face when it's that fucking super ultra mega rare fuck off ultra malware I was talking about a few days ago (RevStealer). Hahahahahaha, he says, "should I be worried?" Fuck yes you should be worried, dawg. Your credentials, your cookies and sessions, your banking information, all of that shit is gone-gone, like, they are 100%, without a doubt in my soul, going to use your credentials for stuff. You need to orbital nuke all of your credentials like, yesterday, and kill all of your sessions on all applications. Anyway, I'm just being silly and trying to be funny, ... but in all seriousness this is a SERIOUS problem and you need to take action immediately. I'm sorry this happened to you.
29
89
2,834
152,895
Joel "I don't RTFM, I am the manual" retweeted
2
7
44
679