The Cointelegraph event was honestly one of the highest-signal events I attended this week, especially in a week flooded with side events.
For the most part, the industry has been given two choices: fully public ledgers or attempts at full anonymity. We think both create problems when dealing with financial institutions.
I often get pushback from privacy maxis who believe Miden should offer full privacy, but that’s not who we’re building for. We believe privacy can’t come at the expense of compliance, and that the right place to reconcile the two is at the application layer. That’s where Guardian comes in.
It’s also clear how early we are. I’m still surprised by how many people are astonished that Miden can offer privacy and compliance at the same time.
There’s a lot more work to do here, but the idea that financial privacy and compliance have to be at odds is one we’re trying to leave behind.
🇰🇷 CONNECT: Does financial privacy have to come at the expense of compliance?
“We don't believe that privacy should be a binary,”
@0xMiden’s
@azeemk said, arguing that onchain privacy can coexist with KYC, AML and other regulatory requirements